March 25, 2011

Parenthood

I would bet that most kids would say that they have the greatest parents ever. And I would fall in that category, I think that I have the world's greatest parents. I know they aren't perfect but in my eyes they are close to it. They did the best they could and did those things that were best for me. My parents didn't have a list of rules or do and don't, but instead they have very clear expectation for each one of their children. I know that my parents want the best for me and I don't want to ever disappoint them.
I believe that the purpose of parents are to provide for the spiritual, emotional, physical, and mental well-being of their children. Parents are to provide a strong gospel foundation for each of their children to develop upon. Parents are to teach, guide, nurture, protect, discipline, and provide security and support for the children God has given them stewardship over. Parents are to provide for all the basic fundamental needs of children in a positive matter. I know that parenthood is a divinely appoint role from our Heavenly Father, that we are not to take lightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment