March 4, 2011

Tender Mercies

Jesus Carrying a Lost Lamb
A family crisis or a trial is never an easy thing.  But, I personally believe that if we look for the Lord's hand in our lives things are made a little easier. Not to say there won't be pain or hard times, but He is there in those times to provide comfort. In Nephi 1: 20 it reads, "But behold, I, Nephi, will show unto you that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance” I love the  talk given by Elder David A. Bednar, titled "The Tender Mercies of the Lord". Elder Bednar quotes,  "Some may see experiences as simply a nice coincidence, but I testify that the tender mercies of the Lord are real and that they do not occur randomly or merely by coincidence. Often, the Lord’s timing of His tender mercies helps us to both discern and acknowledge them. I believe I have come to better understand that the Lord’s tender mercies are the very personal and individualized blessings, strength, protection, assurances, guidance, loving-kindnesses, consolation, support, and spiritual gifts which we receive from and because of and through the Lord Jesus Christ". We are never alone! I personally have witnessed the tender mercies in my own life and they are a testimony to me that my Savior will be there in the good and the bad times to lift us. He wants us to experience joy and happiness and grow to be strong people.

No comments:

Post a Comment